What’s the benefit of the best test?
- We use testing as a motivational tool for all the students. Testing develops their self-confidence because they have experienced success plus an achievement by earning their new belt rank. This is a positive motivational tool that will help continue good behavior and help improve questionable behavior. We want to reward students that are demonstrating “Future Black Belt Behavior” and we want to encourage and motivate students to always do their best.
What if we have a scheduling conflict?
- That happens from time to time. While we want all of the students to benefit from the group testing experience, we do offer make-up tests in class during the week following the scheduled belt test. Just let us know when you are registering that you will not be attending the scheduled test.
Marietta Martial Artstaekwondo belt test is THE place to be on Friday night!
Marietta Martial Arts karate classes for kids develop the Future Black Belt Behavior in each Student - Respect, Focus, & Self-discipline. Our Karate for Kids improve self-control, and establishes a higher level of respect for kids which ultimately improves the Child's grades in school. As we teach our Karate lessons for kids, we establish an expectation of always doing your best - even when your best is NOT the best.
Marietta Martial Arts Karate Classes
What is the testing fee and what does it include?
- The testing fee is all encompassing – it covers the costs associated with the testing ceremony, the man-hours to prepare for the testing, the belt, the board and the certificate. As you will see at the test, a successful testing event requires an extensive production of planning and scheduling with both the students and the instructors.
Our goal is to work with all of our parents and students to make sure everyone is having an enjoyable martial arts experience. If there are concerns or reasons that you feel your child is not ready, please let us know so we can help keep your child motivated and stay on the road to Black Belt Excellence.
We are so thankful that you and your family have chosen Marietta Martial Arts for your journey to Black Belt Excellence. If you have any further questions, please feel free to talk with us the next time you are in class.
Many families new to Marietta Martial Arts are curious about the testing requirements and expectations. This webpage will hopefully answer many of the questions you may have.
The following paragraphs are some FAQ’s regarding the testing process:
When and how often are the belt tests?
- TKD tests occur every two months (Jan, Mar, May, July, Sept and Nov). Students will be tested in class during the week of testing. White, yellow and orange belts test on either Monday or Tuesday (whichever day they attend). Regular classes are held in conjunction with the Students that are testing in class. The belt graduations are held on that Friday evening where the students will perform a partner drill and then the highlight of the testing experience is when the students break a board with a kick and earns their next belt rank!
- Little Dragons tests also occurs every two months (Feb, Apr, Jun, Aug, Oct and Dec). The tests are held on a Friday evening where the students will perform in groups demonstrating what they have been learning in class (blocks, kicks, punches, etc.) The highlight of the testing experience is when the students break a board with a kick and earn their new belt rank!
How long does the test last?
- We know everyone’s time is precious. We do our best to keep the Friday evening’s test to 1-hour or less.
Is it mandatory for my child to test?
- No, it is not mandatory, however it is highly recommended as the belt tests are a great motivational tool and a confidence builder. It’s hard to explain, but the belts are magical in the eyes of the kids. Most kids would rather give up their birthday (or improve their behavior if needed) in order to participate in the belt test. With all this in mind, if a student is ready and does not have the opportunity to test and sees their peers advancing in rank, they can quickly become discouraged and un-motivated.